January has been a quiet month. After the frenzy of holiday travel, it felt so nice to get home and get back to work. I really leaned into my 2018 goals this month, which means there was a lot happening in the background, but not so much out in the open. Maybe February will be a little more robust!
Links I Love
- 10 New Year’s Resolutions You Should Make In 2018, Based On Your Favorite Literary Character – Bustle
- Anne Shirley tells us, “It’s been my experience that you can nearly always enjoy things if you make up your mind firmly that you will.”
- How You Can Increase Your Daily Motivation – Asian Efficiency
- The next time you can’t bring yourself to do something… because you’re simply too nervous, tell yourself that what you’re feeling is excitement.
- A Simple Guide to Onboarding Clients – Horkey Handbook
- When you have your systems in place, have a solid onboarding process down, and have a clear outline of the plan of action after your client signs on, you will save time and impress your client with your professional client experience.
- Not Everything Is a Side Hustle – The Cut
- Messing around with a stand mixer or a sewing machine is fun for me because it’s not work. Personal pleasure is what makes a hobby a hobby.
In December, I felt like I was drowning in things to do and never seeming to get enough done. I knew I needed to be dedicated to my work. So, I made the goal to work eight hours a day Monday through Friday. There are only two rules. One, anything in my to-do list app could count towards the eight hours since most of those things are connected to my goals. Two, I need to allow myself some bad days and not dwell on them. This has been working so well and I’ve been working so much more intentionally because of it.
Another goal for 2018 is to increase my step count and since I live near three major bike paths, I’ve been getting out to walk a lot more. My friends who I babysit for also gave me one of their strollers so Axel and I can get out and about. If you want to check up on my walking, please friend me on Runkeeper.
I’m slowly and steadily working on my 2018 goals. It’s so easy to let goals fall by the wayside, but if I keep them front and center, I hope that I can say that I finished them all by the end of the year. There should be some more travel in February and a lot more work on this blog. How was your January? Have you made any goals for the new year?