Proofreading for court reporters can be a really great way to make money at home. Since I’m done moving across the country, I finally have the time to devote to being a kick-butt proofreader. I’m working my way through Proofread Anywhere and once I’m done with that I can begin to make money from proofreading. Here are my goals for getting that done.
3 Month Goals (November)
- Finish the practice transcripts in Proofread Anywhere (there are over 3,000 pages!)
- Continue to work on my punctuation and spelling skills with Bad Grammer, Good Punctuation.
6 Month Goals (February)
- Finish the Proofread Anywhere course and pass the final exam.
- Obtain at least one client for proofreading.
1 Year Goals (August)
- Be making a full-time income from proofreading.
- Replace my iPad.
These are pretty simple goals, but I hope by making them simple they’ll be very achievable. If you have any thoughts or questions on these goals or the world of proofreading, please let me know!