I started a blog! (Obviously)
Blogs are a lot of work! They require lots time and creativity. But I want to try my hand at it. I also want to make this blog a source of income, that way the investment I’m putting into it is, in fact, an investment.
Over the next year, I hope to move towards my goal of having an income from this blog. Below, I’ve laid out a few goals to help achieve that.
Short Term Goals (3 Months)
- Build Confidence
- I need to feel confident about sharing this blog with others. I think accomplishing this goal is all about getting past my own inhibitions.
- Maintain a Posting Schedule
- As I said before, creating content for a blog is a lot of work. I need to learn how to manage my time well enough to maintain a consistent schedule.
- Complete All the Admin Work
- There are a lot of little things that go into making a blog run. Like… A LOT. Over the next three months, I’m going to slowly chip away at all of the little things that add up to making this blog run smoothly.
Medium Term Goals (6 Months)
- Get Readers
- It would be really cool to have more than just myself reading TLR. I think this will come as I build confidence in myself and my abilities.
- Improve Writing Skills
- This will happen naturally as I write more.
- Add New Blog Series
- I have some series up my sleeves that sounds pretty interesting. I’m hoping to start on them once I move to Washington state and quit my day job.
Long Term Goals (1 Year)
- Have Preliminary Monetization in Place
- I want to be making some amount of money by this point. Even if it’s very small.
- Have Readers I Don’t Know Personally
- I want to have readers I don’t know in real life; it’s that simple!
Hopefully, I’ve chosen goals that are measurable and attainable. At the beginning of August, I’ll revisit these goals and report on my progress (or lack there of?). In the mean time, I’d love to hear your thoughts about this or if you have any advice for me.